Packaging and Labelling
Efficient quality-driven solutions
tailored to your project.
tailored to your project.
Whether you are running a Phase 1 trial for one individual or a global Phase 3 trial with thousands, we provide secondary packaging and labelling solutions to meet your needs. From our state-of-the-art facilities in Canada and the United States, we offer demand-led packaging, traditional booklet-label packaging or a hybrid model to ensure product waste is kept to a minimum without compromising patient access.
FROZEN PACKAGING AND LABELLING
Demand-led packaging solutions tailored to your trial needs
RxSource can provide packaging and labelling solutions for drug products that require frozen storage from our innovative facilities in Canada and the USA. Our facilities are equipped with the ability to pack and label over dry ice, ensuring the temperature of the product is kept under -20°C. This solution also allows us to provide a demand-led packaging solution tailored to your trial needs, ensuring that your lifesaving medication gets to patients on time and within the required temperature range.
LABEL DESIGN AND PRINTING
Designing a label for a clinical trial can be complex. We make it easy for you.
Whether your trial is open-label or blinded, we have the regulatory experience, translation services and detail-oriented processes to help design a bespoke label that meets your requirements.
- Country-specific language – We hold a database of commonly used country-specific text to meet regulatory compliance.
- Blinded clinical trials – We can generate randomization lists from which kit numbers on the clinical trial label can be pulled.
- In-house printing – We provide in-house printing of single-panel labels and can design and over-print booklet labels for global trials.
- Attention to detail – We consider all the detail, such as the product temperature and source labels that adhere to surfaces at a range of temperatures.
PACKAGING DESIGN AND EXECUTION
A successful clinical trial supply chain requires a flexible packaging partner.
As clinical trials become more complex and adaptive, ensuring minimal impact on the supply chain is imperative. We offer multiple packaging solutions that deliver efficiencies in speed and waste reduction while minimizing the burden on patients.
- Customized solutions – We customize packaging depending on the complexity of the trial, such as whether the trial is blinded, or whether medicines are temperature-controlled or taken home by the patient.
- Expedited packaging and labelling – We can set up, pack and release material in as little as five days for new projects and two days for repeat packaging runs.
- Flexible supply – To maintain flexibility we offer standard packaging runs, demand-led supply or a hybrid of the two.
- Reduces component cost
- Offers flexibility to use the stock across multiple countries
- Fewer packaging runs
- Often an increased amount of drug waste
- Shelf-life extension could be required
- Can apply the expiry date at the point of order
- Reduces likelihood of a shelf-life extension
- Preserves drug until it is needed
- Can lead to multiple packaging runs with a heavy QP involvement (in Europe)
- Will not work for all protocol designs
Quality and IxRS release
Once the packaging and labelling activities are complete RxSource will quality review, and if acceptable, release the material for clinical trial use. Our quality review ensures that all procedures are followed, the temperature range is maintained, and kits are blinded as appropriate.
Once released by quality review, we will upload blinded kit numbers into your IxR system, if required. We liaise closely with your IxRS team to understand how orders will be received and if possible, automate the process with our internal systems. We are also happy to recommend IxR systems based on our experiences.